Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Return of the Mack

Omg...how many times have I tried unsuccessfully to come back here....lookin at my drafts April was my last attempt to post...tink i tend to hop around a lot from one social network site to another to another...my little addiction...so much has happened since I last posted....

March saw me headin off to England for a nite with my folks to welcome back my newly married cousin...but things in sesameland never that simple...got to the airport and at check in was informed that our tickets out of date....by a month....had booked them for Feb instead of March...tanx to there being 28 days in Feb and me not changin the month box on computer....all i could do was laugh...thankfully my ma and da saw the funny side too....not a hope of getting another ticket under €250 to fly out that day so we headed back home...Even better news awaited me when I got back home....our trampoline decided to hop over the fence and bounce off next doors car smashin itself to bits after doin damage to the wing of her car ....thank god for house insurance.....

At easter myself and Mr Sesame managed to escape to MADrid for few days with the gang tanx to my ma havin the 4 kids for their holidays....and no i wasnt allowed book the tickets...lol...was great to just relax (in the sun i might add) drink and shop....batteries recharged was ready to face the next few months....I became an auntie again and godmother to gorgeous Daniel. April saw me get to see my idol Pink play in the o2...was pretty awesome show....gonna see her again in October...May was my birthday..not a big one...and my first born's Communion...was so proud of her...we eventually had to seek the help of the educational psychologist for her as she still wasnt talkin out loud to anyone outside the family and was hard to see her with no friends playing alone in second class....thanks to great teachers and the ed psych she has come a long way in those few months...today she got a homework pass her final stamp for reading a little louder than last time...she is so much happier in herself and has settled so much this term....things are looking up...










Summer hols were hard work...managed few days in Eurodisney....was great...very hot...easy access pass worked a treat....discovered Babs has more sensory issues than we had realised...not a fan of haunted houses/ghost trains....."please mammy can i go back to the bright" was the quote of the whole holiday anytime we walked up the dimly lit exits...but hard as it was i didnt give into him and put him through it in the hope he would enjoy the rides...but 3 minutes seemed like 3 hours....in the end though he had got used to it and seemed to accept that the rides were short and the bright would come afterwards....



Babs seemed to regress a wee bit during the holidays....back to watching programmes he hadn't watched for ages...mickey mouse clubhouse...horrid henry...and kept rewindin and rewindin...echolalia big time....also heard some great one liners from him...ie..."hey mommy this is fcukin serious" and "hey mommy stand back this is a job for me" as i tried to get a dog out of the house.....he has a new resource teacher this year...was so sorry to see Ms O' Hara go..she did great work with him all last year and loved him....but Ms McCabe seems equally nice and very interested so once again we strike gold. Our biggest fear now is that he is 'too good' that we might lose SNA...fingers crossed that won't happen....



The highlight of the year so far was a facebook get together of autie folk in Temple Bar last week end organised by the fabulous Petunia....undescribable overwhelming experience...have made lots of new lifelong friends and this will be an annual event although plans of another nite before Xmas seems to be on the cards...So I've returned....although knowing my track record it won't be for long..



6 comments:

Nan P. said...

Welcome back Sesame. Please stick around for a little while... I for one missed you :-)

Sesame said...

thanks Nan P. on the facebook scene a lot totally neglected this...lots to catch up on and lots of new blogs of interest. Hope Cathal doin well...time to check in on u all...Happy New Yr to u all xx

jazzygal said...

Have no idea how I missed this comeback post of yours Sesame?? I check you regularly on my blogroll and only tonight noticed the picture change!!

It was great catching up on all your activities. Looks like we're due another update!

I hope Babs settled back into his routine for you and maybe even made a few steps forward. "Too good for an SNA"....oh, yeah, we know that feeling well! They become a victim of their own success, don't they.

Glad your eldest coming along too.

The fb meet up was great...I missed the Christmas one. I look forward to the next one and hope we get to have that drink together!! xx Jazzy

Sesame said...

i cheated Jaz...it was sittin in my draft box from september so i just published it the other day when i came on...it hasnt been there since sept... had to sign in to comment on some of the great new blogs showin up on fb. some very talented writers in our midst...needed somethin to give me kick in the arse..

look forward to any drink at this stage...snow makes throat very dry lol....hope we do get together soon...given my blessin for mr sesame to head off to the states alone again this yr so will be due some time out myself....aha....up there for thinkin lol...

Nick McGivney said...

You are such a slacker! I reckon you were probably trying to get back to Meath from a shopping spree in Enniskillen and just couldn't be arsed dragging it over the county line, so now lucky Cavan gets the mad wan! Great to hear all that anyway hon. My suggestion is that RTE just puts a camera crew on the lot of you for six months. It sounds like gold dust - especially the ticket booking part. Almost broke my sphincter at that one. Keep writing gahala - you're a tonic.xxx

Sesame said...

sounds like u know me well nick....smirnoff ice is a giveaway over the county line...sure asda is full of the cavan publicans with trolleys full...ya live with dem ya get like dem...u no urself...am tellin ya at times this house wud give trigger happy tv a run for its money...i blame the cavan air....cheers hun will try to stay longer this time xx